Who’s Who on the UFA Committee
All the Committee members contribute their expertise, time and effort on a voluntary basis.
The Committee consists of the following:
- President: currently no appointment
- Chairman: currently Harry Legge-Bourke, who lives at Glanusk Park, Crickhowell and is a riparian owner of the river Usk from Crickhowell bridge to Llangynidr Bridge. He has fished all his life. In addition, he is on the Board of Natural Resources Wales (NRW) and member of the Protected Areas Committee within NRW and Chairman of the Wales Land Management Forum for NRW.
- Deputy Chairman: currently Helen Harrison, who lives in Gloucestershire and is a joint riparian owner of a stretch of the river Usk above Usk town. She grew up in the Ebbw valley and has known the lower part of the river Usk all her life. In addition, she is a Trustee of the Wye and Usk Foundation.
- Hon. Secretary: currently Huw Jones, who lives between Abergavenny and Usk. He grew up in the West Country before moving to Wales in 2003 and has been fishing the River Usk all his life. He is a member and Share Holder of Gwent Anglers Ltd, a riparian owner on the lower river.
- Hon. Treasurer: currently Jonathan Carthew, who lives by Crickhowell.
- Membership Secretary: currently we have no Membership Secretary.
- The tidal waters to Usk representative: currently Mike Cowburn, who lives at Llantrisant near Usk and owns a share in the nearby Newbridge Fishery. He has fished the River Usk for half a century!
- Usk to Crickhowell Bridge representative: currently Gary Davies, who lives in Merthyr Tydfil and is Chair and Director of the Merthyr Tydfil Angling Association Ltd.
- Crickhowell Bridge to Brecon Bridge representative: currently Charles de Winton, who lives near Brecon. A riparian owner in his own right and Land Agent by profession. He is the resident surveyor for CLA Cymru (Country Land and Business Association) covering the whole of Wales. He has been a Committee member for many years and has been heavily involved with access issues relating to Welsh Rivers.
- Brecon Bridge to the source representative: currently we have no representative.
- The industrial rivers representative: currently Mike Gulliford, who lives in Cwmbran.
- Coarse fishery interests representative: currently Tony Rees, who lives in Merthyr Tydfil and is Treasurer of the Merthyr Tydfil Angling Association.
The contact details of the Committee members are can be found in ‘Get in Touch ’.